Our urgent care providers are knowledgeable at assessing and treating fractures in Novi MI and are looking forward to taking care of you. They can also determine when you need more advanced care with a specialist or at the emergency department.
The term “broken bone” is synonymous with “fracture.” A fracture occurs when excessive force is applied to a bone. Different types of injuries exert force on the bone in different ways, which can result in different types of breaks.
Common types of fractures:
- Stress fracture- repetitive motion causes a small break in the boone
- Simple closed fracture- the skin and surrounding tissue remains intact despite a broken bone
- Open fracture- a piece of bone protrudes through the skin
- Greenstick fracture- the bone bends and breaks only on one side. This type of break is most commonly seen in children.
- Buckle fracture- the bone bends but doesn’t break all the way through. This type of break is most commonly seen in children who fall with an outstretched hand
Signs of a fracture:
- Decreased range of motion
Signs of a fracture can be very similar to those of a muscular strain or sprain. We can help determine the proper treatment for you and direct you to your primary care physician with recommendations for proper specialist care if you need.
We are often asked if we can treat people over the phone or advice for things like fracture care in Novi MI. While some conditions may permit a telemed visit, most ailments are better diagnosed when we can put our eyes on our patients. Most conditions are common but we can often find something on an exam that may point us in a direction to a better diagnosis.
One of the things we take pride in is that we make sure to communicate with your primary provider when we make a diagnosis or get closer to figuring out why you have your current symptoms. After your visit we will send over any results we have from tests that we perform and any paperwork that will help your primary doctor continue to care for you. We understand what it means to be patient centered!
This information does not replace the advice of a doctor. If you have any questions or concerns we cannot wait to care for you! PrimeCare Urgent Care, PLLC does not provide any warranty or liability for your use of this information.